- Annuals, Tropicals, and season plants (Mums, Easter Lilies, Poinsettias, etc.) are excluded. Replacement plants of this nature are not warranted.
- All plant material discounted 30% off or more are excluded from the guarantee.
What do I do if my plant is not acting as it should?
- Do not immediately dig the plant up. We want your plant to not just survive but thrive in its new home.
- Contact the Alsip location at which the plant(s) were purchased and speak to a nursery associate or manager about possible solutions. In some cases, certain plants can go through a period of transplant shock when going into their new soil and most likely will recover if the proper steps are taken in order to remedy the problem.
What the Warranty Does Not Cover
- Underperforming plants – If a plant is not blooming properly or growing to meet your expectations, there are often steps that can be taken to remedy the issue, which we are eager to assist you with.
- Plants damaged or destroyed by neglect such as improper watering, pruning, or planting techniques. This is determined at the discretion of the Nursery Manager.
- Acts of nature such as ice storms, lightning, high winds, or physical damage from people or animals.
- Previously replaced and warranted plants.
- Any delivery fees associated with the plant purchase.
- Any plant material listed for hardiness zones 6 or higher to include flowering annuals, blooming tropicals, houseplants, Easter lilies, poinsettias, garden mums, and garden asters.
If Planted by Customer
All guarantees are honored in the form of a one time replacement plant of the same variety and size as was purchased. If the particular plant in matching size container is not available, we will refund the full purchase price in the form of an Alsip Gift Card. Receipt must be presented, as well as proof of deceased plant. For Example: Photo documentation or physically bring it in.
If Planting Contracted Through Alsip Nursery
Guarantee will be honored in the form of a one time replacement plant in addition to a one time re-planting (see Nursery Depart. associate to schedule re-planting). If plant of same type and pot size is not in stock we will refund purchase price of plant only in the form of an Alsip Gift Card. Planting price will not be refunded if matching plant is not in stock.
For best results, use Dr. Earth Starter Fertilizer