Game day means its time to gather with friends and family to cheer on the local team – be it Friday night lights, Saturday afternoon tailgates, or spending your whole Sunday on the couch razzing your fantasy team online. No matter how you celebrate football season, food is a quintessential component to the action. Alsip Home & Nursery’s Specialty Food department has a savory selection of sauces, mustards, dip mixes, and more to satisfy those game day cravings.
Savory Hot Pepper Spread Recipe
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 small jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 8-ounce package of goat cheese, softened
- 1 3-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Stonewall Kitchen Caramelized Onion Mustard
- 6 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Hot Pepper Jelly
- 2 Tablespoons each of basil, parsley and chives, finely chopped
- 1 package Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Crackers
- In a medium size bowl combine garlic, jalapeno, goat cheese, cream cheese, mustard, hot pepper jelly and herbs. Mix until uniform.
- Serve with Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Crackers.
Creamy Corn and Salsa Dip
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh, canned or frozen (and thawed) corn kernels
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Ghost Pepper Salsa
- 1 cup cooked lobster or shrimp, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Add cheese, avocado, corn, bell pepper, Ghost Pepper Salsa and lobster or shrimp (if desired). Mix and serve with tortilla chips.
Grilled Cheese & Pastrami Sandwich
- 8 slices light rye bread
- Butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds pastrami, thinly sliced
- 4-8 slices Swiss cheese
- Spread butter, or brush with olive oil, one side of each bread slice.
- Spread Spicy Honey Mustard on the other side of bread.
- Evenly distribute the pastrami and Swiss cheese over the mustard side of four slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread, mustard side down.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in hot pan and cook several minutes per side until sandwich is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.