Scientific Name: Ipomoea batatas
Common Name: Sweet Potato Vine
Hardiness Degree: 45°F (7.2°C)
Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Spreading, Mounded
Characteristics: Colorful/Attractive Foliage, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Drought Tolerant
Fertilize: Once a month
Spacing: 18 – 30″ (46 – 76cm)
Height: 10 – 12″ (25 – 30cm)
Width: 24 – 36″ (61 – 91cm)
Exposure: Partial Sun, Sun
General Information: Brightly colored leaves are great for mixed containers and garden beds.
- Series features heart and cut-shaped leaf varieties!
- Densely branched SolarPower holds its shape and color in the landscape and mixed combos all Summer long, and it works well with companion plants.
- Medium vigor and a well-branched habit.
- Most efficient in production.
- SolarPower’s tidy habit allows for more plants per rack at retail. Best for gallon containers, 10 to 12-in. (25 to 30-cm) hanging baskets, mixed containers and landscapes.
- A small-pot solution for northern regions.
SolarPower, Sweet Potato Vine
Zone 9, Zone 10, Zone 11, Zone 8
Full Sun, Part Sun