Whether you love the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping, or you get a little overwhelmed by the process, we’ve put together the ultimate holiday gift guide in St. John and Frankfort to provide you with plenty of gift inspiration for 2019. We have a spectacular selection of gifts to suit every personality and price range, so there’s no need to bounce around from store to store all across town. Follow our helpful guide and make Alsip your one-stop shop for holiday gifts!
Alsip’s Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide
We have so many creative and memorable gift ideas for everyone on your list—even the family dog! Here are our top 12 gift ideas:
- CSA Subscriptions – This is certainly one of the most unique and useful gifts in our guide! A membership to our farm-to-table community-supported agriculture program is truly the gift that keeps on giving. From June until October, members will receive access to 22 week of fresh produce pick-ups grown by American farmers. Not only will you provide a loved one with delicious veggies all through the summer, but you’ll be helping support the independent farmers in Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan. There are two options available for CSA subscriptions: full shares, which are great for families, and half-shares, which are perfect for individuals or couples. We also have a payment plan available with which you can cover the membership cost with five monthly payments instead of one lump sum. In addition to the produce membership, tack on a full or half dozen of farm fresh eggs to round out your summer meal planning!
- Home Fragrances – Our gift guide just wouldn’t be complete without scented candles! They’re a classic gift that everyone can enjoy. Entertaining over the holidays is always a delight, and nothing creates that cozy holiday ambiance quite like a great scent and inviting glow. We love our line from Bridgewater Candles, as they provide three meals to a child in need with every jar candle purchase. There are so many intoxicating scents to choose from, but we particularly love their holiday line; try scents like “Tree Trek,” “Cup of Cheer,” and “Christmas Bliss.”
- Winter Fashion – It gets pretty chilly over the holidays, but with all the events and entertaining going on, we still have to find that balance between comfort and glamour. Our winter fashion collection is full of fabulously modern items to kick off the new decade in style. From cozy sweaters and cardigans to fur-trimmed coats and adorable winter accessories, you’ll be sure to find something special for the stylish lady in your life. If picking out clothes isn’t your forte, one of our experts will gladly guide you through our fashion department and help you find a perfect fit.
- Willow Tree Figurines – These hand-carved figurines are adorably sentimental. We have several holiday-themed figurines in-store (the Christmas angels are so sweet!) plus many other models representing different familial relationships. They make lovely additions to a bookshelf or mantle, so if you’ve got someone in your life who enjoys collecting handmade art and statuettes, our Willow Tree figurines will make a heartfelt gift.
- ROMA Boots – We love this line of weatherproof boots by ROMA. They’re the perfect blend of fashion and function, with chic and modern styles that never look utilitarian. Another reason to love them is their brand’s commitment to social justice; for every pair of ROMA Boots sold, a brand new pair of rain boots are donated to a child living in poverty.
- S’well Water Bottles– Perhaps the most universally-loved gift on our guide, these ultra-trendy water bottles are incredibly useful and feature such gorgeous designs! They keep beverages cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12. They’re triple-walled, so the bottle won’t get too hot to the touch after you pour your boiling hot tea inside. They’re vacuum-insulated, made with high-grade 18/8 stainless steel, guaranteed BPA-free, and reusable. Their design also eliminates that annoying condensation or “sweat” that other water bottles have. If you have a friend or coworker who likes to keep their drink on their desk but keeps mucking up their papers with that dreaded ring of liquid, a S’well water bottle will be much appreciated!
- Wind Chimes – There’s something so magical and ambient about the faint sound of wind chimes in the breeze, so if you have someone on your gift list who loves outdoor entertaining and spending time in the garden, some pretty wind chimes will make a splendid gift. We have so many different styles available, from classic silver to whimsical fairy-themed chimes, and gorgeous crystal agate accented chimes in a variety of rich jewel-tone colors.
- Christmas Bulbs – Of course, we had to include some plants in our gift guide! Nothing brightens up those bleak midwinter days like vibrant flowering bulbs you can grow indoors. We love amaryllis; they come in so many fabulous colors, and they grow so quickly that you can enjoy their bold, bright petals just weeks after planting.
- Bath & Body – This dry winter weather can take a toll on our skin, so our body buffers and Skinny & Co. coconut oil bath products help keep skin soft and soothed. The lavender almond scent is pure serenity in a jar.
- Dog Sweaters– Everyone’s showing off their best holiday sweater at this time of year, so Fido should get a chance to flaunt his stuff, too! Our chunky cable knit dog sweaters are downright adorable, so if you’ve got a similar sweater hanging in your closet, everyone at your holiday party will get a kick out of your fabulously coordinated outfits.
- Holiday Dog Treats & Toys– Because their stockings need to be stuffed, too! While we’re enjoying our holiday baking and delicious drinks, your furry friends can enjoy some festive food of their own, like our holiday rawhide wreath, and our dog-friendly instant eggnog.
- Small Animal & Reptile Cages – If you’ve been thinking about surprising your kids with a new family pet (always a surefire way to knock Christmas out of the park!) you can pick up a cage for their newest little friend. We have plenty of supplies for small pets like hamsters, rabbits, turtles and more, so you’ll be well equipped to care for the latest addition to the family!
- Physical & E-Gift Cards– We had to end off our gift guide with this classic holiday present because, when you can’t seem to decide on a gift for those hard-to-buy-for types on your list, a gift card is always a delight! Pick one up in any denomination and give your friend the gift of a shopping spree this holiday season.
Visit Alsip Home & Garden today to complete all of your holiday shopping! There’s so much in store that we couldn’t have possibly fit it all into one gift guide, so swing by one of our locations in St. John or Frankfort and one of our experts will be happy to help you find something for everyone on your list.