Alsip Home & Nursery has the FRESHEST Fresh Cut Christmas trees, wreaths, roping and garland, because be buy from only the best, most reputable growers in the region and as an unsurpassed reputation for the quality and selection of our fresh cut Christmas trees, fresh wreaths, roping and garland. We feature only the finest Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, Balsam, White Pine, and more.
We stock only the finest North Carolina-grown Fraser Fir Christmas trees. The Fraser Fir may be the perfect holiday tree. Its attractive 1″ needles are silvery-green and soft to the touch. Because there is space between the branches, the Fraser is easier to decorate than some trees. The firm branches hold heavier ornaments. The trees grow to almost perfect shapes, and as long as the cut tree is kept properly watered, the Fraser Fir has excellent needle retention.
You and your family will enjoy shopping in our warm, weatherproof greenhouse for your fresh-cut décor! All of our fresh-cut trees are organized by size and displayed upright in temporary stands. Friendly Alsip Home & Nursery customer care associates are on hand to help make your selection, and load it in your vehicle.
At Alsip Home & Nursery, one of our primary goals is to provide products that cannot be found anywhere else. One way that we do this is to make custom Fresh Cut Products using a variety of components, a lot of hard work and special skill by our team. Below are some samples of what we make in store and or buy in and then decorate once it’s here. We do this at both locations.
Here are some tips to caring for your fresh-cut Christmas tree
- Select a fresh tree by looking for one that is green and sheds very few green needles when it’s shaken.
- Natural trees that will not be brought indoors right away should be stored in a cool place, such as a porch or unheated garage. Once the tree is ready to be displayed and decorated, make a one-inch cut from the base of the trunk to allow the tree to more easily absorb water and resist drying. Your friendly Alsip Home & Nursery Associate can cut the truck for you when you purchase your fresh-cut Christmas tree.
- Place the tree in a sturdy stand that holds at least a gallon of water and replenish the water frequently. A healthy tree may use several quarts of water each day.
- Check that Christmas tree lights are in proper working order before hanging them on the tree. It is important that consumers only use Underwriters Laboratory (UL)-approved lights. All Christmas lights sold at Alsip Home & Nursery are UL approved.
- Unplug all lights when no one is at home and when it’s time to go to bed for the night.
- Never use electrical cords that are frayed, or cords with cracked insulation or broken or empty sockets. Never overload electrical circuits.
- Keep fresh-cut trees away from fireplaces, wood stoves, furnace vents, space heaters and any appliances that generate heat and could cause a fire or accelerate drying.
- After the holiday season, remove the lights and decorations and move the tree outdoors for recycling or for use as a winter bird habitat