- About Us
- Gift Cards
- Plant Finder
- Problem Solver
The tranquil sound of the trickling stream flowing from your fountain purchased at Alsip Home & Nursery will transform your backyard sanctuary. Come to your nearby Alsip Home & Nursery to browse our climate-controlled fountain idea gallery. Our friendly customer care associates can help you select the best fountain for your landscape.
Don’t forget! The Alsip Home & Nursery Green Team can deliver and install your new fountain.
Worry-Free Fountain Tips
• Top off your fountain water at least every other day. Outdoor fountains exposed to wind may require more frequent refills. Maintaining water levels is essential to extending the life of your pump and keeping it working properly.
• Regularly remove debris, such as leaves.
• Control algae and mineral deposit build-up with fountain water treatments. These treatments keep your fountain looking great and eliminate potential odors.
• Run your fountain several hours each day. The pump circulates and oxygenates the water to reduce algae and bacteria.
• Thoroughly clean and change fountain water every 60 days.
• You will save electricity and water while enjoying added convenience if you connect your fountain to a timer or remote control.
Fountain Winterizing Tips
Most outdoor fountains are made to endure the elements in winter with the proper precautions. Without the appropriate preventive measures, concrete and case stone fountains are particularly vulnerable to winter cracking.
If you are unable to disassemble and store your fountain in a garage or shed, here are some tips to protect your fountain from the winter elements:
• Drain your Fountain of all water prior to the first freeze.
• Remove the pump and store it indoors. This is a great time to clean and remove any accumulated algae or debris.
• A fountain cover is recommended to help keep moisture from accumulating.
• Fill the fountain basin and tiers with burlap, towels or blankets to absorb any condensation... especially if you don't cover the fountain. If your tiered fountain has removable stackable parts we recommend that you store those tiers indoors.
These tips will help to ensure that your outdoor fountain lasts for many years. Over time, many concrete and cast fountains will develop tiny, hairline cracks after exposure to the elements. These cracks are completely natural and will not impact the functionality of your fountain.